- Explorathon 2018: depth, shape, camouflage September 28, 2018
- Welcome to PhD students September 14, 2018
- Olivier Penacchio at ECVP August 27, 2018
- Paper accepted by IOVS August 1, 2018
- Alex Mitchell to go to Summer School May 30, 2018
- Summer students start this week May 28, 2018
- Alex: 3 minute thesis May 25, 2018
- Andrew Chua wins St. Leonard’s College funding May 23, 2018
- Becky Maguire wins ESRC studentship May 22, 2018
- Abi and Olivier at VSS May 21, 2018
Category Archives: Uncategorized
We’re all ready to present our public engagement displays on 3D vision and animal camouflage and warning signals, for Explorathon 2018. We’re at the Dundee Science Centre from 10am-5pm on Saturday 29th September.
Welcome to Andrew Chua and Becky Maguire who are joining the lab to start their PhD’s.
This week Olivier Penacchio will be representing the lab at the European Conference on Visual Perception. He will be giving a talk on Thursday afternoon, in the session on Visual Search and Bistable Perception, entitled: Ultra-rapid detection of animal visual … Continue reading
Our paper has been accepted for publication in Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science: Sensitivity to velocity- and disparity-based cues to motion-in-depth with and without spared stereopsis in binocular visual impairment. Maloney, Kaestner, Bruce, Bloj, Harris & Wade. IOVS, in press.
Alex Mitchell has won a place at the prestigious Summer School for Visual Neuroscience: from Spikes to Awareness in Germany, later this summer.
Summer students Winnie Li, Jasmine Rodriguez and Valeriya Ryabchina join the group this week, to spend some time learning how vision science works and engaging with lab members and their science.
Alex Mitchell was one of 7 finalists this afternoon in the St. Andrews ‘3 minute thesis’ competition….well done Alex!
Andrew Chua has been awarded a St Leonard’s College International Doctoral Fees Scholarship and will be joining the Harris lab in September 2018 as a PhD student.
Becky Maguire has been awarded an ESRC 3+1 studentship, with the Scottish Social Sciences Graduate School to study attention and camouflage in 3D. She will stat in September 2018.