- BBSRC Eastbio event at St. Andrews today April 12, 2019
- Leverhulme grant April 12, 2019
- Scottish Vision Group April 5, 2019
- Abi Lee publishes her first paper April 3, 2019
- School Seminar at Adelaide Psychology March 4, 2019
- Careers talk from Julie at University of Adelaide February 28, 2019
- Julie talks at UNSW February 22, 2019
- Julie visits Ma-Wyatt lab in Adelaide January 24, 2019
- Abi wins St. Leonard’s Scholarship January 23, 2019
- Alex Mitchell has a new job January 7, 2019
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Becky Maguire is one of the organisers for the BBSRC Eastbio postgraduate training group World Class Underpinning Bioscience (WCUB). She has organised an event on the vision science behind camouflage, entitled: HOW WE SEE THE WORLD: Introduction to vision and camouflage
We are thrilled to have just obtained funding from the @LeverhulmeTrust to fund Olivier Penacchio to study perceptual saliency in natural environments. news.st-andrews.ac.uk/archive/presti…
this weekend, two members of the group, Becky Maguire and Olivier Penacchio, will attend the Scottish Vision Group conference on the Isle of Skye.
Our new paper, with Abi Lee as first author, is out now in @PLOSONE! journals.plos.org/plosone/articl… All data, analysis code and experimental code is available on @OSFramework at osf.io/7mg63/!
Julie is giving the School Seminar, in the School of Psychology, University of Adelaide today, entitled: Shape from shading in nature: Does it provide optimal camouflage?
Julie is excited to be taking part in a new series of talks in the School of Psychology at the University of Adelaide. It’s based on a conversation series run by Dr Wei Ji Ma at NYU called ‘Growing up … Continue reading
Julie gave a talk today to the Psychology Department at UNSW, University of New South Wales, on Counter-shading camouflage: can shape from shading in nature be hidden?
Julie has just started a research visit to Anna Ma-Wyatt’s lab at the University of Adelaide. We hope to do some work on reaching and warning signal patterns.
Abigail Lee has won a Santander – St Leonard’s College Research Mobility Scholarship to attend the annual meeting of the Vision Sciences Society (VSS) in St. Pete Beach, Florida, in may 2019.
Alex Mitchell has just started a new job as a teaching fellow at the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Scienceat the University of Edinburgh.