- Julie talks at UNSW February 22, 2019
- Julie visits Ma-Wyatt lab in Adelaide January 24, 2019
- Abi wins St. Leonard’s Scholarship January 23, 2019
- Alex Mitchell has a new job January 7, 2019
- Poster at AVA Xmas meeting December 17, 2018
- Women in Vision UK December 14, 2018
- Abi wins best talk prize December 7, 2018
- 1st Nov: Fife-Tay Vision Group November 1, 2018
- Paper on motion in depth published October 29, 2018
- Explorathon 2018: depth, shape, camouflage September 28, 2018
Author Archives: Julie Harris
Welcome to Andrew Chua and Becky Maguire who are joining the lab to start their PhD’s.
This week Olivier Penacchio will be representing the lab at the European Conference on Visual Perception. He will be giving a talk on Thursday afternoon, in the session on Visual Search and Bistable Perception, entitled: Ultra-rapid detection of animal visual … Continue reading
Our paper has been accepted for publication in Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science: Sensitivity to velocity- and disparity-based cues to motion-in-depth with and without spared stereopsis in binocular visual impairment. Maloney, Kaestner, Bruce, Bloj, Harris & Wade. IOVS, in press.
Alex Mitchell has won a place at the prestigious Summer School for Visual Neuroscience: from Spikes to Awareness in Germany, later this summer.
Summer students Winnie Li, Jasmine Rodriguez and Valeriya Ryabchina join the group this week, to spend some time learning how vision science works and engaging with lab members and their science.
Alex Mitchell was one of 7 finalists this afternoon in the St. Andrews ‘3 minute thesis’ competition….well done Alex!
Andrew Chua has been awarded a St Leonard’s College International Doctoral Fees Scholarship and will be joining the Harris lab in September 2018 as a PhD student.
Becky Maguire has been awarded an ESRC 3+1 studentship, with the Scottish Social Sciences Graduate School to study attention and camouflage in 3D. She will stat in September 2018.
Abi Lee and Olivier Penacchio are at the Vision Sciences Society conference this week, in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. Their presentations are: Temporal integration of speed change in motion perception Abigail RI Lee, Justin M Ales, Julie M Harris Warning … Continue reading
Olivier is taking part in the ModVis conference this week, in St. Pete. Beach, Florida, giving a talk on: ‘Preferred’ stimulus of a whole model visual system.