- Abi Lee gives St. Leonard’s Lecture April 19, 2018
- Alex Mitchell engages with School students via Reach St. Andrews April 10, 2018
- Julie speaks to Philosophers April 9, 2018
- Abi Lee wins FoVea travel award April 5, 2018
- 3rd year student to attend vision summer school in Canada March 19, 2018
- Scottish Vision Group 2018 March 17, 2018
- Alex Mitchell joins group March 9, 2018
- Paper published on countershading camouflage February 15, 2018
- Paper published on prediction motion February 13, 2018
- Abi Lee to give St. Leonard’s College Lecture January 24, 2018
Author Archives: Julie Harris
Today Abigail Lee will be giving an inter-disciplinary postgraduate lecture as part of the “St. Leonards lectures” series. She’ll be speaking on: Perceiving Speed and Speed Change in the World Around Us 3.30pm Arts Lecture Theatre, university of St. Andrews
Alex Mitchell has taken part in her first public engagement event, working with Reach St Andrews, to engage School students on the psychology and neuroscience of stroke.
Today Julie Harris is peaking on her research area “Seeing, in depth” in the Philosophy Across the Bubble, St. Andrews seminar series.
Abi Lee has won a Females of Vision et al. (FoVea) Travel award to attend the 2018 Vision Sciences Society conferences, it St. Pete Beach, Florida.
I’m pleased to announce that one of our 3rd year undergraduates, Lesley Mueller, has won a place at the prestigious Centre for Vision Research Summer School, at York University, Ontario, Canada.
Members of the group are at the Scottish Vision Group Conference, at Ballachulish Hotel, Glen Coe this weekend, with talks on lots of different vision topics: Investigating horizontal vergence responses to disparity changes and inter-ocular velocity differences. Martin Giesel, A. Yakovleva, … Continue reading
Alexandra Mitchell, a PhD student working on spatial neglect and attention, has joined the group and will be jointly supervised with Justin Ales.
We have just had a paper published on visual search in counter-shading camouflage: Is countershading camouflage robust to lighting change due to weather? Olivier Penacchio, P. George Lovell, Julie M. Harris Royal Society Open Science DOI: 10.1098/rsos.170801
We have had a paper published on prediction motion, as part of the collaborative project on vision and elite sorting performance: Temporal estimation in prediction motion tasks is biased by a moving destination Jonathan C. Flavell; Brendan T. Barrett; John … Continue reading
Abi Lee has been asked to give one of the prestigious St. Leonard’s College Postgraduate Lectures. On 19th April she will speak on: Perceiving Speed and Speed Change in the World Around Us