- Alex Mitchell to go to Summer School May 30, 2018
- Summer students start this week May 28, 2018
- Alex: 3 minute thesis May 25, 2018
- Andrew Chua wins St. Leonard’s College funding May 23, 2018
- Becky Maguire wins ESRC studentship May 22, 2018
- Abi and Olivier at VSS May 21, 2018
- Olivier Penacchio at ModVis May 16, 2018
- Abi Lee gives St. Leonard’s Lecture April 19, 2018
- Alex Mitchell engages with School students via Reach St. Andrews April 10, 2018
- Julie speaks to Philosophers April 9, 2018
Author Archives: Julie Harris
Alex Mitchell has won a place at the prestigious Summer School for Visual Neuroscience: from Spikes to Awareness in Germany, later this summer.
Summer students Winnie Li, Jasmine Rodriguez and Valeriya Ryabchina join the group this week, to spend some time learning how vision science works and engaging with lab members and their science.
Alex Mitchell was one of 7 finalists this afternoon in the St. Andrews ‘3 minute thesis’ competition….well done Alex!
Andrew Chua has been awarded a St Leonard’s College International Doctoral Fees Scholarship and will be joining the Harris lab in September 2018 as a PhD student.
Becky Maguire has been awarded an ESRC 3+1 studentship, with the Scottish Social Sciences Graduate School to study attention and camouflage in 3D. She will stat in September 2018.
Abi Lee and Olivier Penacchio are at the Vision Sciences Society conference this week, in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. Their presentations are: Temporal integration of speed change in motion perception Abigail RI Lee, Justin M Ales, Julie M Harris Warning … Continue reading
Olivier is taking part in the ModVis conference this week, in St. Pete. Beach, Florida, giving a talk on: ‘Preferred’ stimulus of a whole model visual system.
Today Abigail Lee will be giving an inter-disciplinary postgraduate lecture as part of the “St. Leonards lectures” series. She’ll be speaking on: Perceiving Speed and Speed Change in the World Around Us 3.30pm Arts Lecture Theatre, university of St. Andrews
Alex Mitchell has taken part in her first public engagement event, working with Reach St Andrews, to engage School students on the psychology and neuroscience of stroke.
Today Julie Harris is peaking on her research area “Seeing, in depth” in the Philosophy Across the Bubble, St. Andrews seminar series.